Columbus, together with ITESM in Mexico, supported the design of the proposal, the creation of the network of partners and the project presentation to the European Commission. During the implementation period, Columbus will assure the external quality assurance of the project. With a success rate of 75% in Erasmus+ calls (55% more than average), the Columbus Association consolidates its participation in the flagship program of the European Commission, for cooperation between Europe and Latin America in the field of Higher Education
The main objective of Students4Change is to develop methodologies for university entrepreneurs’ teaching and learning, with the necessary skills and knowledge to become active agents of social innovations in the Latin American context. Methodologies and pedagogical innovations to be developed in the Students 4 Change project will strengthen HEIs as active players in regional development.
As was stated in the World Economic forum of 2015, only by creating an environment where social innovations prosper and entrepreneurs try new ideas and empower others, could we address unemployment, and the economic, environmental and social challenges that we face now and the future ones. To achieve these challenges we need entrepreneurs capable of creating new proposals and innovative social projects in the Latin American Region. To support young entrepreneurs and innovations, we need to develop new approaches and pedagogical methodologies in our educational systems, especially in higher education.
16 institutions of the Columbus network – from 5 Latin American and 4 Europeans countries - and the social-entrepreneurs network, Ashoka, under the coordination of the Technological Institute of Monterrey have obtained the grant of the project for approximately one million euros.
List of partner institutions:
- Pontificia Universidade Católica Rio Grande do Sul PUCRS, Brasil
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Río, Brasil
- Universidad de Talca, Chile
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Valparaíso, Chile
- Corporación Universitaria Minuto de Dios, Colombia
- Universidad de Caldas, Colombia
- Universidad de Costa Rica, Costa Rica
- Instituto Tecnológico de Costa Rica, Costa Rica
- Universidad de Colima, Mexico
- ITESM- Tecnológico de Monterrey, Mexico
- Technische Universitaet Dortmund, Germany
- Politécnica de Valencia, Spain
- Universidad del País Vasco, Spain
- Université Grenoble Alpes, France
- Universidad de Aveiro, Portugal
- ASHOKA (International Organization - Non-universitary)