From January 23rd until February 1st, Mexican universities members of Columbus, that integrate the CODAES Project, have visited France in order to get to know on first-hand the experiences of Thematic Digital Universities. Columbus had the roles of coordinator and articulator in the elaboration of the working program. The activities have started with meetings at the French Ministry of Education, 2 days, continued by visits to the following universities: Université Paris Ouest Nanterre, Université Panthéon-Assas, Université Grenoble Alpes y la Université de Lorraine.
The CODAES initiative, inspired by the French Thematic Digital Universities, aims to build collaborative networks of teachers, researchers, entrepreneurs and students that attend common interests related with learning and teaching. CODAES attempts to trigger change and transformation in Mexican higher education that can facilitate and strengthen learning processes and the acquisition of competencies through digital means.
For the near future it is foreseen – five years – that each Learning Digital Community will operate as a self-sufficient civil association and that other Communities will merge, replicating the model.
1. Universidad de Colima: Gestión y coordinación general
2. Universidad Veracruzana: Artes, Humanidades y Ciencias Sociales
3. Universidad Autónoma de Hidalgo: Educación
4. Universidad Autónoma de San Luis Potosí: Administración
5. Universidad de Guanajuato: Ciencias Naturales y Exactas
6. Universidad de Guadalajara: Relaciones Internacionales
7. Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León: Salud
8. Universidad Autónoma de Puebla: Ingeniería y Tecnología
9. Universidad Autónoma de Yucatán: Ciencias Agrarias, Medicina Veterinaria y Zootecnia.